Six simple rituals:
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritizes your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete.
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend your 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water.
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress.
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. Each morning, think of at least five things you’re thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on these things.
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Asks yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?””
Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow and Jimmy Kimmel in “Friends” (x)
THIS IS THE WHOLE PLOT TO MEAN GIRLS AND I DIDNT G ET IT UNTIL NOW. THANK YOU RACHAEL
This novel is about the struggle of racial segregation between the white women and their black maids. The story takes place during 1962 in Jackson, Mississippi and is in the perspectives of Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny.
"Not only is they lines, but you know good as I do where them lines be drawn."
"I used to believe in em. I don’t anymore. They in our heads."
"… I’ve never been so grateful in my life. It was the best I’d felt in months."
"I don’t know why the bad have to happen to the goodest ones."
"I colored myself black."
"We are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I’d thought."
"You is kind. You is smart. You is important."
It’s funny but it’s also sad because that was the reality of things during the time period. It was a very enjoyable read.
THE SLASH BRINGING
FLASH STRINGING RINGING
THE HASH SLINGING SLASHER
i’m re-blogging this…
“Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!"
"We’ll always have kale" -Opal
Bless this man
Kai said he made up this move to get his airbending tatoos but really he just wanted to impress his girlfriend
this is unbelievably important and no one really realizes it